Below are some internet links to other resources, including some companies we use, and organizations we participate in, and where you can find a similar practitioner in your area.
- Standard Process
Includes whole food nutritional supplements, glandulars, and herbs through their MediHerb division.
A lot of supplements for a functional medicine approach. "Through our substantial and ongoing commitment to nutrigenomic research, we've been able to identify natural compounds with powerful therapeutic applications..."
Some unique formulas. "XYMOGEN® sources the very highest quality ingredients. For example, we use activated B vitamins and Albion Labs® exclusive mineral chelates."
A leading name in homeopathy. Many of their products available in stores.
- Deseret Biologicals Unique high quality homeopathics. This company recently partnered with Dr. Nambudripad, of NAET fame (allergy elimination protocol).
- Biotics "Biotics Research Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of specially designed nutritional products for over thirty years. Our mission remains constant: to be the benchmark of excellence in nutritional science, technology and service, providing the clinician with reliable, innovative products of superior quality as well as the highest level of customer service."
- Perque. Very high quality ingredients backed by guarantee. "Based on the PERQUE Well Guard™ philosophy, our PERQUE promise is that only the most active, specific forms of nutrients shown beneficial in clinical studies are selected for use..."
- Klaire/Prothera ProThera®, Inc. manufactures an extensive selection of nutraceutical products for distribution by healthcare professionals. ProThera’s Klaire Labs® division offers hypoallergenic probiotics, enzymes, and specialty formulas. Products are designed for clinical applications based on 50 years formulation experience.
Find a Practitioner in Your Area
- American College for Advancement in Medicine
I get many emails asking for similar physicians in other parts of the country. This is one organization that you can search for physicians in your area.
- International College of Integrative Medicine
Another organization where you can search for practitioners in your area.
- American Holistic Medical Association
Search for local practitioners.
- Institute for Functional Medicine
Functional medicine doesn't just look at the problem, but sees how that affects and is affected by the whole. Another resource to search for practitioners.
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine
For those looking for chemical/environmental related conditions, this is another resource.
- Tai Sophia
Helpful to find acupuncturists practicing holistic acupuncture throughout the country.
Conventional lab usually used by insurance companies. Nearby site offers online patient scheduling. Tests for Vit D ratio and CD-57.
Conventional lab usually used by insurance companies. Select sites now offering online appointment scheduling.
A standard for salivary hormone evaluation
- Doctor's Data
Many test kits for heavy metal burden, nutritional deficiencies, gastrointestinal function, hepatic detoxification, metabolic abnormalities, and diseases of environmental origin. The Iodine Load test is done through them.
For Lyme and associated diseases. You can also send ticks to be tested here.
- Fry Labs
For Lyme and associated diseases. I usually use them for evaluating co-infections because they also do a smear of the blood to look for organisms directly in addition to looking for your body's response (antibodies).
An industry standard. I frequently use the food allergy bloodspot (fingerprick) and urinary assessment (organix). "Metametrix is recognized internationally as a pioneer and leader in the development of metabolic, toxicant, and nutritional testing. The mission of Metametrix is to improve health worldwide by providing clinical laboratory tests that identify nutritional imbalances and toxicities underlying chronic diseases"
For more extensive food allergy/sensitivity testing.
Health and Well Being
- Women's Bodies Women's Wisdom
This book is a great resource on women's health. It is a standard text in the integrative community.
- Energetics of healing
A great video that introduces the chakra system as well as some mind-body components.
- Weston A. Price
There is some very good information here relating to healthy, nutritional eating. A lot of archived information as well.
- Dr. Denice Moffat, ND
A treasure trove of information, including some helpful mind-body exercises, especially the deep breathing and meditations.
Their hallmark course, the Forum, is a great weekend course that creates huge shifts to help you start living your life to the fullest. It gives multiple tools to put into practice many of the philosophies we discuss.
- tut.com Free email service offers "Notes from the Universe" to help lift your mood and shift your thinking
- ACIM Another modality to shift your thinking, with a more spiritual bent
- Eckhart Tolle Helps with not identifying with your emotions and pain management
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
Intended for practitioners, some good information here for everyone.
- Herbal Lyme
This is based on Stephen Buhner's book Healing Lyme. Not only does he have one of the best introductions to Lyme, but he has composed a very thorough herbal book on Lyme and associated diseases treatment.
- Lyme Disease Association
Great resource page for self-education into Lyme disease. many of these are the same pamphlets available in the office.
- Columbia University's Lyme page
Columbia University's website on Lyme in the Central Nervous System (neuroborreliosis). Includes page on controversy of Lyme, research, brain symptoms, etc.
Acupuncture, Reiki and Zero Balancing
- Acupuncture basics
A review that I contributed to for the Alternative Medicine Foundation, a non-profit group.
- Traditional vs Classical (TCM vs CCM)?
A must read. Both approaches have their utility, and its empowerment to know the difference.
- www.zerobalancing.com to find out more or find a practitioner in your area
- www.reiki.org to find out more or find a practitioner in your area