MedStar Health Affiliate
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Protocol/Prevention at IFM
Dear IFM family,
Since the unexpected Coronavirus, or COVID-19, outbreak, we would like to provide some information for everyone to remain safe and healthy. According to the CDC, we have provided some signs/symptoms and how to prepare and prevent a potential COVID-19 outbreak in our community. Please keep in mind the following:
Symptoms of the Coronavirus can be:
- Starting with sore throat that lasts 3-4 days.
- Coughing for 5-6 days (dry)
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Pressure/pain in the chest
- Cyanotic (blue) lip or face color
What to do:
- Wear a mask if infected to avoid transmitting it to others.
- Take Vitamin C from a good source (IV Therapy is one of the best ways), D3, keep your bodies warm and drink plenty of water.
- Use hand sanitizer (with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol) throughout the day especially after coming in contact with someone.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (or sing “Happy Birthday” song twice).
- Avoid contact with face, eyes, and mouth (Coronavirus loves moisture)
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue and expel the tissue in a trash can that has a lid.
- Clean and disinfect surface areas frequently (specially metal surfaces, because the virus lasts there for 12 hours, on fabric it lasts about 6-12 hours and can be killed with laundry detergent).
- IF YOU MUST CALL 911, INFORM DISPATCHERS THAT YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
- Limit personal contact with others. Say I love you but don’t kiss, hug, or touch
- If infected and/or have developed symptoms, self-quarantine for 14 days if you in a separate room, with slightly open windows.
- If you have recently traveled to, or have been in contact with people who recently have traveled to China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, South America, California, Washington State or other infected areas, you should self-quarantine for 14 days, or if symptoms worsen please contact your local hospital and health department for further direction.
Here at Integrative Family Medicine, we would appreciate if any of these symptoms are present, to call us to cancel your appointment. We would also ask you on the phone at the time of the appointment’s confirmation, whether you have any symptoms. If you have any further questions on prevention or what you should do in case you have signs/symptoms of COVID-19, don’t hesitate to call us and we can provide you with our best knowledge on what to do next. We appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding, and consideration at this time.
Integrative Family Medicine